Changes has a Development Officer, part of whose role is to support users/individuals wishing to set up a Changes service in their area. Contact Elizabeth Higgs firstname.lastname@example.org
Although circumstances and timescales differ, a general outline of the process is as follows:
1. Contact the Development Officer, (who will support the entire process)
2. Interested parties form a Management Committee/draft and adopt Changes Constitution
3. Committee enters into a Franchise to deliver Changes service*
4. Key members receive induction and training
5. Set up first Changes group/s
6. Apply for and achieve charity status
7. Develop and implement a business plan, (to secure funding and resources for further service development).
* simply outlining the obligations of both parties, and free of charge to users/individuals wishing to set up their own charity.